Hello Lingeristas and those who love us,
I run into women who love spending money on quality lingerie at Naughty and Nice Lingerie, but want to be sure they are taking care of their new found pieces for longer wear. Here are a few bra care tips that I have put together, to ensure you are getting the most out of your lingerie.
Bra Care Tips: WEAR
• Avoid wearing your bra more than twice between washings.
• Don’t wear your bra two consecutive days. Elastic needs to recover after a day of wear.
• Have a minimum of three basic bras: one to wear, one to wash and one to spare.
• Have a minimum of two matching panties to a bra.
Bra Care Tips: WASH
• Hand wash your bra in a delicate detergent. Harsh detergents and bleaches can destroy elastic and lace.
• Rinse garment in cold water to restore the bra’s shape and elasticity.
• Always air dry your bra. Heat can destroy both fibers and elastic.
• Do not twist the bra to remove excess water.
• If hand washing is unrealistic, then be sure to use a lingerie laundry bag to separate your lingerie from other items in the load. Fasten bra hooks and do not overfill the bag.
Bra Care Tips: STORE
• Carefully fold your bra to prevent snagging or crushing. Molded and padded bras should lay flat.
Lingerie and Bra Care Tips: TRAVEL
• Use a lingerie travel bag or organizer (which also make adorable gifts) to keep your bras together. Don’t forget to fasten the hooks to prevent snagging.
• Place socks, panties or hosiery in the cups of padded bras to prevent cup crushing.
• Use a lingerie travel bag to keep your undies together.
I hope this helps.
What do you use to store your lingerie when traveling? Comment below..
Until next time,